in connection with our Canadian websites, mobile offerings and other electronic services. It should be read in conjunction with the
We may collect personal information when you use our websites, mobile offerings and other electronic services. For example, we may collect:
- Account/Contact Information, such as your name, email address, user ID, password and service preferences.
- Financial Information, such as that required in an online application for products or services.
- Location Information, such as the information about your device’s approximate physical location for purposes such as validating your identity, the prevention, suppression or detection of crime, and to enhance the functionality of a particular service, for example locating a nearby BMO branch. The ability to access location information is controlled by your device. Please refer to the documentation for your device regarding how to allow or block the collection of location information. If you choose not to provide location information, some services may not operate effectively.
- Transactional Information about your use of our products and services.
- Device Information such as information about your operating system, browser, software applications, IP address, geolocation, security status and other device information in order to improve your experience, to protect against fraud and manage risk.
- Website Use Information, such as browsing behavior on BMO sites and links, location you click, form data and downloads as well as other data gathered from the use of web tools (for example, Cookies are a string of data sent between a server and a web browser to, for example, help facilitate the use of a website and to help understand how a website is being used.
Different types of Cookies are used for different types of activities. Examples of Cookies we may use are:
Session Cookies enable the website you are visiting to keep track of your movement from page to page so you do not get asked for the same information you've already given to the site. Session Cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. They are not written to hard drive so they are deleted once you log out or close your browser. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
在线免费观看Persistent Cookies help websites remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future, and help us provide you with a more personalized experience when you are using BMO websites by analyzing which products and services you have used. When you log into BMO Online Banking, we associate you with a unique internal identifier. The unique identifier allows us to know who you are, however, the Cookie will never contain information, such as your name or address, that would identify you to a third party. This unique identifier enables us to monitor your browsing habits on BMO websites so that we can better understand your needs and communicate with you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. Persistent Cookies are stored on your computer.
Flash Cookies are used to improve your website experience by identifying online behaviors and customizing the ads you view to reflect your browsing experience.
在线免费观看Cookies are a commonly used technology and many web browsers default to automatically accept Cookies. If you decide that you do not wish to receive Cookies, refer to your browser’s online help for further instruction and information on setting Cookie preferences. If you do not accept cookies, you may continue to browse our websites; however, you should be aware that certain features of our websites may not function properly without Cookies. You should note that if you would like to use a service such as BMO Online Banking, you will be required to accept the Cookies to maintain session integrity and enhanced security. Additional resources that may assist you in managing cookies used for advertising include the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): .
- Tagging is when we place customized code on our websites in order to monitor user activity on our websites. This Tagging software captures user activity and passes it on to a third party for analysis so that we might better understand and enhance the user experience and provide additional security controls.
- Web Beacons are small and transparent images embedded in web pages that, when combined with Cookies, help provide a website operator with information about the use and effectiveness of a website.
- Ad Management Solutions are tools that enable us to present appropriate ads to users based on previous interests as indicated by websites they have visited. These tools track if you have clicked on a BMO ad and identify your activity when you clicked on that ad using Cookies and Web Beacons. These tools do not identify you personally, but are associated with the device, such as the computer being used.
- Online Authentication Process captures and stores device information as well as information you provide in order to confirm your identity each time you visit our secure websites. When you purchase a new product online, register for a secure online service or activate an existing product, the application you complete may include an online authentication process. The information that you provide in your application may be compared against the information contained in your consumer credit report to validate your identity.
Email Communications: If you prefer not to receive email communications from us (this does not include account related alerts, notifications that are legally required or replies to specific requests) you can unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button provided in the promotional emails you receive from us or contact us at:
Enterprise Center of Excellence
55th Bloor Street West
Please allow up to 10 business days for us to process your request. To manage your email preferences, please visit our .
Voluntary Participation: From time to time, you may choose to enter your information in order to participate in Online Surveys, Contests, Sweepstakes or other activities that we sponsor. We use this information for a variety of reasons, such as measuring the performance of the website, or identifying products and services that might interest you. All information is used in accordance with the purposes outlined in the BMO Privacy Code. Do not enter these voluntary activities if you do not want your information used for the purposes disclosed.
We use security controls to protect against unauthorized use, access, modification, destruction, disclosure, loss or theft of your personal information in our custody or control.
When you access any of our online products and services, we use multiple layers of protection, such as passwords and pass keys, firewalls and encryption. We may utilize the services of a third party supplier to help administer our public facing websites. When we do, we initiate an extensive supplier assessment process to ensure that the third party’s standards and safeguards closely match our own.
Third Party Links
Our websites may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. Also, links to our websites may be featured on third party websites on which we advertise. We will not provide any of your Personal Information
BMO Financial Group
Office of the Chief Privacy Officer
1 First Canadian Place
P.O. Box 150,
Toronto, ON M5X 1H3